UPSC PRELIMS SYLLABUS
Paper I (General Studies)
- Current Events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian national movement.
- Indian and World Geography - physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
- Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayat raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic & Social Development - sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
Paper II (CSAT)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level),Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level).
- English language comprehension skills (Class X level).
1. The CSAT aptitude test or Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) examination will be a qualifying paper only with a minimum of 33% to be secured to sit for the Civil Services (Mains) exam.
2. The questions in both Paper-I (GS) and Paper-II (CSAT) will be of multiple choice, objective type for 200 marks each and the time allotted for each paper is two hours.
3. It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he or she does not appear in both the papers of the (Prelims) exam.
Go to UPSC MAINS SYLLABUS
Home › Resources › UPSC Prelims Syllabus
UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2017 | IAS Prelims Syllabus 2017
UPSC Prelims Syllabus for Civil Services IAS IPS Exam India. UPSC Syllabus – Civil Services Exam Prelims, Mains and Interview
The UPSC Prelims exam is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks of Paper 1 are alone considered for making the merit list for this exam. Only those candidates who have qualified the Prelims can write the Mains exam. The marks scored in the Prelim exam is not counted in the final tally of the Mains exam or the Interview
IAS Prelims Exam is also known as CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
UPSC Prelims 2017, IAS Exam 2017, Coaching for GS, Online Coaching for UPSC, Online Coaching for IAS Prelim Exam, Virtual Class for Prelim Exam, Online Test Series for UPSC Prelim, Online Coaching for CSAT, GS CSAT Coaching, Virtual Lectures for UPSC, UPSC Prelims Syllabus, upsc prelims syllabus pdf, upsc syllabus 2017 pdf, upsc syllabus for general studies, ias mains syllabus, ias question papers, upsc syllabus pdf 2016, upsc syllabus in hindi, ias syllabus 2017 pdf download